I recently decided to discard most of my clothing and start wearing the same every day. This has several reasons:
- Cognitive load, – I never think about what I will wear
- Ease, – the needed clothing is always in the top of the drawer
- Comfort, – always wearing the most comfortable clothing
- Space, – it uses a lot less space, (a side effect I only realised afterwards)
- Consistent image
- Good for travelling
What I choose to wear:
- Black t-shirt without label. Merino wool, which is the most comfortable shirt I have worn, can handle dancing or exercising without feeling soaked, and it also looks ok in a suit.
- Trousers: I still need to solve this one, – needs to be usable both for moving/dancing, and semi-formal occasions, and have good pockets.
- Extra layers: long johns when cold, and either a jacket or sweater on top of the t-shirt.
- Socks, many identical black socks with wool, – no need for pairing them, and dries easily.
- Barefoot shoes, in black leather – comfortable to walk in, handle rain and wet grass, and are still suitable for semi-formal occasions and dancing.