This sprint is about building building search service, and start building the Bibliographic App.
- ElasticSearch service running with bibliographic data for materials with covers in brønd
- Figured out which books in the dataset that have cover on bogpriser.dk
- Make semantic marked-up html on
/bibbe based on the new data set / data model (this is the base for showing bibliographic data later on).
Productivity: Low – used a day on non-related computer science research (mainly programming language theory)
- ElasticSearch, ClojureScript, Python
- Had base data from previous sprint, which just needed some cleanup / filtering by covers before put into ElasticSearch
- Already had the semantic markup code from the previous version of
/bibdata, which just needed to run on the new DB
- More experience with ElasticSearch
- Thoughts on mobile language: Currying and typed lambda calculus leads to functions with closures as first class values, which can also be the building block of loops etc. Abstraction simplifies.