Authentic Improv combines Authentic Relating games, Improv Comedy exercises, and other things such as ToastMaster table-topics, etc.
This page various notes in relating to faciliting such an event.
- Welcome + plan
- Handsigns to facilitate event (from XR and Ecstatic dance)
- Welcome circle – names and one thing you love (IC)
- What is Authentic Relating, Improv Comedy, Toastmasters, Tinkuy, XR
- Safe space, respect boundaries both others, and your own.
- Check-in round (XR)
Games and exercices (start with IC-games and transition into AR):
- zip zap zop
- questions only
- "Yes, and ..." / Accept
- Talking circle, person in middle improvise talking until tap-out
- No-but / Yes-and – party planning
- spelling bee
- "mind meld"
- chinese whisper line
- Table topic: pick random topic + feeling
- "I need a" three things
- Stand-still mirror circle
- two truths + a lie
- Tell unknown about eachother (TM + AR)
- Observation / noticing game "What I notice when I’m with you is.." then repeat: "Hearing that, I’m noticing...." (can be other persons appearance, sensations in your own body, thoughts you are having, emotions), inner+outer circle.
- Eye-contact, – one person seeing and one being seen, – the one being seen may reflect on
- Curiosity –1) A asks B questions genuinely curious about (B may answer, refuse to answer, make something up etc.) 2) What did B like about A's questions, and what did B wish A asked. Possibly as hot-seat-group exercise.
- Ending circle – reflection how do you feel, possibly thank eachother.
- Cafe + start cooking
- "The Authentic Relating Games Night Handbook"
- search for "improv comedy exercises"